Regional Cordinator: Setareki Macanawai
The first Pacific Region Consultation for South Pacific Association of Theological Seminaries (SPATS) was held in September 2006 on disability and theology and was attended by persons with disabilities and deans of theological colleges affiliated to SPATS to look at disability awareness after which the meeting came with a draft curriculum in Suva, Fiji. The second consultation held in November 2009 of which the draft curriculum was presented and tested among the deans of studies present however, the meeting contracted a Curriculum Designer from South Pacific University to look at the curriculum that had been designed in 2006 and re-work on it before trying it in SPATS affiliated Colleges.
The third consultation took place in Fiji again in June 2011 for a regional training of trainers workshop on Disability Curriculum from a theological training perspective. The curriculum entitled, Advanced Certificate: Inclusive Community for People Living with Disabilities was the result of collaboration between EDAN and the South Pacific Association of Theological Schools (SPATS), World Council of Churches office in the Pacific, Pacific Conference of Churches (PCC) and Pacific Disability Forum (PDF). The curriculum is expected to be vetted by the Accreditation Commission of SPATS in early 2014 and launched later that year.
Colleges that have attended this Consultations:
1. Bishop Patteson Theological College, Honiara, Solomon Is.
2. Ecole Pastorale de Bethania Noumea, New Caledonia
3. Ecole Pastorale de Faiere-Hermon, Papeete, Tahiti
4. Malua Theological College Apia, Samoa
5. Methodist Davuilevu Theological College, Davuilevu, Fiji
6. Methodist Deaconess Training Centre, Samabula, Suva, Fiji
7. Sia’atoutai Theological College Nafualu, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
8. St. John the Baptist Theological. College, Suva, Fiji
9. Takamoa Theological College Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Is.
10. Lelean Memorial School, Davuilevu
11. Catholic Education Unit Suva Fiji
12. Suva Grammar School, Suva Fiji
13. Nabua Secondary School Suva Fiji
14. Fiji Disability Association Suva Fiji
15. Horeb Christian Fellowship Brown St., Suva Fiji
16. Pacific Disability Forum Suva Fiji
17. Fulton College, Tailevu Fiji
18. SPATS Secretariat, Suva Fiji
19. EAST Theological College Fiji
20. University of the South Pacific Fiji